Working at A Place for Mom — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about A Place for Mom pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at A Place for Mom

From Atlanta, GA — 04/28/2010

Love working for this company (NO , I'm not affiliated with the owners or ANYONE in the company.) I am an employee. IF you are not used to true sales, making phone calls, and balancing your time...well...um...YOU are not going to like this job. I think that folks who are posting negative comment will have NEGATIVE comments about any job...That is the nature of the beast. Im a true sales person...AKA a "HUNTER." That is why I make 6 figures and have in the past......Just being honest! Im sure there are those making 1/2 a million who will say negative things about the company /or business they are in....

From Pittsburgh, PA — 09/24/2009

I've been with the company for almost 4 years and love it! The flexibility of working from home and being in control of my earning potential are the best parts of the job. The healthcare benefits could be better for families, but other than that I don't have any major complaints. Another review mentioned change and there is certainly a lot of change, but it's all done in an effort to grow and make the company healthier for it's employees. If you fear change, need a structured corporate 9-5 office environment and want to have a cap on your income, then this is not the job for you.

From Charlotte, NC — 12/17/2008

This is a great company to work for as long as you are hard-working and can handle draw/commission. You get to work out of a home office and visit with area communities and businesses. I really enjoyed the flexibility that they offered and that I got paid for the hard work that I would put in. There are over 300 advisors across the country and they all have different experiences that we could all draw from and strengthen our own business.

The only downside is that while you may have accomplished quite a bit in your territory there was no promise that you would continue to have a job with the company if you moved to another area. They are EXTREMELY numbers driven and really could care less if you loved the job and were loyal to the company.