Working at A C MOORE — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about A C MOORE pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at A C MOORE

From East Stroudsburg, pa — 10/29/2009

I just started with this company a few weeks ago, but I do not plan on staying long. It seems that the store manager is a tyrant, and they lied to me and told me I was going to interview for a higher position, and then told me they could not offer me that position because corporate did not want someone in that position yet. then why make the offer in the first place? I wqs already warned about stupid things you can get fired for, not the norm that any intelligent person would already know, but really lame scenarios, wo needs the stress for eight dollars an hour?!

From Raleigh,NC — 08/27/2009

I work at AC Moore in North Carolina and I have to disagree with the majority of the complaints on this website. I have worked with a number of managers throughout the years, and have found that our current store manager is one of THE BEST managers I have ever worked with. He always treats his employees with respect and courtesy, and goes out of his way to make everyone feel valued. Like many retail stores, AC Moore cannot function unless the entire staff works together as a team, and so, if you are not a "team player", you may find the team atmosphere at AC Moore to be difficult to adjust to. In addition, retail work can be physically demanding at times, so if you are primarily used to working in an office and sitting at a desk all day, I don't recommend this type of work, unless your job is restricted to cashiering. As far as "advancement opportunities" within the store, generally hard-working people, with a good attitude (towards customers and co-workers) do not go unnoticed by management. All in all, I would recommend working at AC Moore to anyone who enjoys arts and crafts and helping customers - who by the way, are usually very, very nice people!

From North Carolina — 01/28/2009

There is nothing special about the pay at AC Moore I have worked there for many years now, when it was owned by Mr. Parker and was not public there was concern about the employee, now that they went public the concern is for the stockholder the man at the top Lepley recieved a half a million dollar incentive package to stay while all the little things that serve the mass of employees like coffee in the break room are all being taken away. They have cut staff in half , they now have employees as MOD's who close the store and take on a massive repsponsiblity for no pay increase. They give fancy titles to their jobs to make it seem important. There is no job security, unless you want to be a manger there is no job growth , the only thing that keeps me there are the wonderful and talented people who still work there. The manager that I have is a great one but he has to follow the crap passed down from the top.