Working at 2020 Companies — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about 2020 Companies pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at 2020 Companies

From Dallas, TX — 05/14/2010

I've been with 2020 Companies for about 3 years. This is a hardcore sales organization that rewards people for results. It's not a "traditional" company and sometimes this scares a lot of people. However I have seen people all around me make a lot of money if they work hard and deliver results. If you're looking for a job in a structured environment or unconditional job security it's probably not for you. But if you're a person who likes autonomy and likes to be paid a lot of money for delivering results it's the best place to work. It doesn't matter how old you are, what degrees you have, what you look like, and what you've done in the past. All that matters is that you work hard and produce.

From NY — 04/28/2010

Looks as if the Wheaties truck didn't pass through Pittsburgh this year, eh? Sorry you had a bad experience. I've been a door to door sales rep for 8 months and I am loving life! Come see us in sunny Syracuse, NY!

From Pittsburgh, PA — 04/21/2010

Been with the company a few months. I've already risen to be a top performer in my market. I came in with very little sales experience. Basically i worked as a cell phone rep at a mom & pop shop. They trained me their way, which was a little different at first, but i stuck to it and am seeing success. I make a very decent paycheck each week so long as i had a good sales week. It's been pretty regular with the exception of a few weeks earlier in the year that i blame on weather. The manager is focused on improved close rate and talking to every customer. It's really pretty simple actually. If you like talking to people (I do), then talking to everyone that walks through the door isn't too hard. You will get hits or sales. My focus is to get better and to close more people. There is often OT available if you want it. I take advantage when i'm able and try to squeeze extra sales. We really sell an awesome product and a lot of customers are already familiar with FiOS so it makes it easier. Benefits are average i think, but this is the first time, i've ever had a job with them. I do look forward to growing with the company. i've heard that many reps have been promoted to managers through the company and want to stick with it to the next level. My co-workers and the verizon staff are fun and we look for ways to have a good time while working. Overall, this is the best job i've had so far and it more than pays my bills.I've learned about goal setting and definitely matured a bit since i started.

From North East, USA — 02/12/2010

I've never worked for a company that actually cares about YOU the person and not just as an employee. I've learned so much that helps me with personal, economic and spiritual growth. Anyone that's complained about this company either was too lazy to actually try to work or was too weak. It's a lot easier to complain than to actually do what they tell you to do. If you want an easy job... work in fast food. If you want a job that you can actually go places and follow the steps they tell you to in order to succeed... then work here. Yes, only the strong survive.... that's life!!! No one ever said sales is easy, but if you actually do what you learn, then it's the most rewarding job you'll ever have!

From California — 02/11/2010

I don't understand why people are saying that this company is a scam, because it is NOT a scam. They work directly with Verizon, AT&T, BellSouth, Windstream, etc... The life-blood of this company is sales -- just like most other companies. They will do their best to train you and to motivate you, but they don't have time to coddle weak employees, and to change their employees' diapers on a daily basis. As with any job; you can get rewarded based upon what you put into it. If you are willing to work hard and if you genuinely show that you actually give a damn, then they will always be willing to help you out and back you up, when needed. It is a great company to work for, and I really learned alot, when working for them. The paychecks are real, and I wouldn't trade my experiences working for them, for anything else in World!

From Columbia, MD - FT wayne IN — 11/23/2009

THE SAD THING ABOUT PEOPLE AND HOW THEY VIEW THIS COMPANY IS THAT THEY SAY ITS A SCAM! LOL THAT IS ONE OF THE FUNNIEST THINGS IVE HEARD HOW DOES A COMPANY THAT TRAINS YOU FROM HOW TO SAY HELLO TO HOW TO CLOSE A DEAL 3 TIMES A DAY BECOME A SCAM! ALL THESE BAD REVIEWS ARE UNACOMPLISHED SALES PEOPLE WHO REALLY DONT REALIZE THAT IN ANY SALES PROFESSION THERE ARE PEAKS AND VALLEYS AND WHEN THE VALLEYS TO COME WHERE TIMES GET A LITTLE ROUGH THE IMMATURE SEEM TO WANT TO POINT THE FINGER AT EVERYONE BESIDES THEMSELVES BECAUSE IT IS A STRAIGHT COMISSION JOB! I LOVE THIS COMPANY YES IT IS SOMEWHAT TIME CONSUMING! HOWEVER THE PAY IS OVEREXCEPTIONABLE IF YOU WORK HARD AND TRY! THEY TEACH SALES TRAINING 5 DAYS A WEEK! NO THEY DONT PROMISE YOU A MILLION DOLLARS OVER NIGHT BUT THEY DO TELL YOU , THAT YOU CAN MAKE$1000 A WEEK AND YOU VERY WELL CAN BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN DOING SO FOR THE PAST 17 MONTHS! NO THIS IS NOT A PYRAMID SCHEME NOR A SCAM THEY DONT ASK FOR MONEY THE TRUST YOU WITH A $3K COMPUTER GIVE YOU YOUR UNIFORM AND OR $200 COAT AND TEACH AND TRAIN YOU! NO THIS JOB ISNT FOR EVERYBODY BUT YES IT IS VERY SIMPLE AND CAN BE VERY EASY! AND FOR THE FREAKING CLOWNS WHO SAID IT WAS A SCAM ....... THEY WORK WITH VERIZON!!!!!!!! VERIZON CLIENTS ARE THERE EVERY OTHER DAY!!!! VICE PRESIDENTS OF A BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY FROM VERIZON WORK WITH 2020... HUGE SCAM RIGHT? NO JUST ANOTHER PERSON WHO DOESNT KNOW A OPPURTUNITY IF IT KNOCKED ON YOUR DOOR!LOL!LOL! FOR ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE LOOKING INTO 2020 IT IS A GREAT COMPANY AND A VERY GREAT PLACE TO BE! MAKE SURE YOU ARE UNDER SOME EXPERIENCED MANAGMENT IF YOUR ANYWHERE IN MD YOUR FINE! BUT IT IS A GREAT PLACE THEY MOTIVATE YOU DAILY AND NOT ONLY THAT BUT YOU CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT LIFE PEOPLE AND CHARACTER ABOUT OTHERS AND YOURSELF WHILE YOUR HERE ! J.O.B ....JUST OVER BROKE!!!! THATS WHAT JOB STANDS FOR AND THAT IS MOST LIKLEY WHAT THESE OTHER GUYS ARE! THIS IS A CARRER THEY GIVE YOU 150 LEADS WITH NAMES AND SERVICES FOR 3 DAYS THEN YOU GET NEW ONES! GENERAL MANAGERS DO MAKE OVER RIDES JUST LIKE ANY OTHER MANAGER WHO GETS PAID FOR THE EFFORTS OF OTHER PEOPLE! THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THIS COMPANY FOR EXAMPLE ONE OF THE CO FOUNDER WHO IS GOOD FRIENDS WITH BRIAN TRACY THIS COMPANY KNOWS SALES AND KNOWS HOW TO HANDLE EMPLOYEES I WOULD RECOMEND THIS JOB TO ANYONE WHO IS A SALESPERSON OR HUMBLE ENOUGH TO LEARN! p.s yes the checks are real they cash and if you can handle sales like me 3 sales per day and you wont have to worry about having skinny kids!

From li ny — 10/31/2009

cant believe they get away with it.still with co

From Carbondale/IL — 07/30/2009

I worked for 20/20 in Southern Illinois for about 6 months. When I first stated, it was great, my GM was always helping and motivating me, working with the customers and the Verizon Wireless employees.
Then, the GM left (not sure what happened) and a new one was put in (he had been a Sales Rep and had been gunning for the GM job as long as I had been there, he was actually jumping for joy when they got rid of the first GM cause he knew that he was going to get the job). Things went downhill fast after the first GM left.

Pay: good, it is what you make it. hourly plus commission. If you approach customers and know the product, you can do good.

Respect: I would say it was +4 when the old GM was here. He would buy us lunch and work the floor with us, keeping us motivated, he also got along great with Verizon. After he left,the new GM talks to us like dogs and isn't very positive.

Benefits: I would say that they are about as good as any. nothing to write home about, but they work.

Job Security: Not much I would say, especially towards the end of my time there.

Work/Life balance: Good, I put in my 8 hours and went home.

Career Potential/Growth: I guess it would be ok, if you want to move across country.

Location: Location was great! The stores were only about 15 minutes apart.

Co Worker Competence: We had some good reps, but they pretty much left after the first GM left (like I did)

Work Environment: Not bad, just stay out of the verizon sales persons way if they are working on a sale.

All in all, could have been a great job, they changed General Managers and it all went to heck in a handbasket.

From Tampa, FL — 06/21/2009

Co- workers are competent because only the good survive. The is no reason for a bad saleman to stay. The payment method is strange with its 80/20 I have never heard before. Management wants you to do well so that they in turn look good like any other sales company. Job security is a 5 because unless you are a complete idiot they wont fire you. Work Environment is prob the best thing 20/20 has they are really good motivating individuals that should be doing public speaking on the nationally.